Followers

Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2014

Liebster Award





Meghan at The Adventure Starts Here nominated me for a Liebster Award.  I feel so honored to have this mention, as I just started my blog this year. I think this is a great way to learn about all the smaller blogs that are out there and how so many people's stories are interesting and relatable. I have really enjoyed blogging about my pregnancy experience and can't wait to continue after she comes. Thank you so much again to Meghan and other bloggers who read my blog. Below are the rules that were presented to me when nominated.  

The rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and give them questions to answer. 
 
1.  How did you come up with your blog name? This was actually the easiest part I found when designing my blog. I knew it was going to be about Tom and I and then when we found out a little one was coming along and the name, "The Pfister's" just fit.
2.  What's the first thing on your bucket list? I saved this question for last because, honestly this was the hardest question to answer. I would really love to travel more, which leads into the next question. If I could go anywhere in the world it would be Italy followed by Ireland.
3.  If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? I actually have two places that I would love to travel to. On the top of my list would be Italy. I am absolutely in love with Italian food and although I am sure the food is quite different in Italy than it is here in the USA, but I would love to experience the delicious food and wine. I have always been interested in history and I would truly enjoy learning about the culture of this country as well and seeing all the amazing structures. Another place on my list is Ireland. After seeing the movie PS I LOVE YOU, I have always wanted to travel to Ireland. Being Irish I feel this would be a wonderful experience. Hopefully one day one if not both of these places I will be able to visit.
4.  Describe your perfect day. My perfect day would start out by going out the breakfast at a place where you could sit outside. I really enjoy when the warm weather comes and I am able to do this more often. The meal doesn't matter I will go for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Next I would love to go to the beach. I enjoy visiting the beach although I am not much of an ocean person, just laying on the beach in the sun is relaxing and fun. This would be a perfect time to enjoy a book on the IPAD. For the end of my day I would love to get dressed up all pretty and go out with Tom to a nice restaurant and just enjoy spending the time together. It would be nice to enjoy a delicious meal and wine.
5.  How did you meet your husband? This is a story that I actually love!! Tom and I met in High School. He was in a class with my cousin and he had seen her talking to me in the hallway not knowing that we were cousins. He asked her if I had a boyfriend and if I would go to prom with him. She said I didn't have a boyfriend and she would see what she could do about the prom situation. I remember thinking when she asked me, Of course I will go to the prom!! I was a sophomore and to be asked to the senior prom was awesome!! Her reply back to me was, "Do you even know who he is?" " I was like no I don't know who he is, but I will go." So it was either the next day or the day after that she introduced us and we started hanging out before the prom. I really enjoyed spending time with him and I thought things were really working out. By the time prom came we both really liked each other and we have been together ever since :)
6.  What's your favorite food? I love, love, love, pancakes. These have been my favorite food since I was little. I love them pretty much anyway, but my grandfather (Pop Pop) makes the most delicious blueberry pancakes that I have ever had. These are pancakes that I would love to have everyday if I could. I don't know how he does it but they are amazing!!!
7.  What's the last book you read? Up until about a little over a year ago I was not much of a reader then I started reading a bit more and really enjoy reading books on the IPAD. The last book I  read though was a book by Lauren Dane but I seem to have forgotten the title.
8.  What's your favorite TV show? I don't watch a lot of television when shows are actually on, we do a lot of DVR at our house. Right now I would say my favorite show is Parenthood. This show has something relatable for everyone and the family dynamics are just very funny.
9.  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up? Ever since I was little I wanted to be a teacher, so it is no surprise that I am a 4th grade teacher today. I used to play school in my house all the time and being a teacher was just something I knew I wanted to do.
10.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I enjoy all the 4 seasons so this is a tough question. After visiting the west coast this past summer on a business trip with my husband to San Francisco, if I had to move anywhere I guess that would be the move. The city was extremely enjoyable and definitely different than New Jersey. I just wouldn't want to live in a touristy part of the city. I think I could live there for a short term basis, but permanently would be a different story.  I really do love living in Jersey though so honestly I wouldn't want to move anywhere. I am just a Jersey girl.
11.  What's your favorite season? I love each of the seasons for different reasons, but the fall is definitely very enjoyable. I love the changing of the leaves and the holidays that come along with the fall. Another bonus to the fall is that it isn't as cold as the winter but still warm enough to not be sweating like it is in the summer. One of my favorite things to do in the fall is go apple and pumpkin picking.  I can't wait to share the fall with our little baby girl to be.
 
Now it's my turn to nominate some blogs and ask some questions :)
For my nominees these are the blogs that I read on a regular basis...
 
11 Questions for my Nominees
  1. Why are you blogging?
  2. How are you growing your blog?
  3. How has blogging changed your life and world?
  4. Do you have any tips for the new blogger? Any advice is greatly wanted and needed.
  5. What’s your idea of a great date night?
  6. What is special about your bog?
  7. What’s your favorite blog to read?
  8. Where would you want to travel if money were no object?
  9. What is your biggest accomplishment and why?
  10. What is one product can’t live without?
  11. What is your favorite breakfast?

 I had so much fun answering my questions and I can't wait to read my nominees' answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment