Followers

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2014

AnnaLynne's Christening

On October 12th, we had AnnaLynne's Baptism at Christ Church in Summit, NJ. It was important to us to have her baptism at this church, because it is where Tom and I got married almost 5 years ago. Reverend Rush is such a wonderful man and I felt so comfortable having her baptised here. It is a very welcoming and has a homey feeling. The church service was beautiful;  and AnnaLynne did a wonderful job, until just about the end when she got sleepy and a bit fussy.
 
After the church we had brunch back at our house. My mom and I had prepared most of the food earlier, and my cousin and aunt were so nice to come over in the morning while we were at the church and finish up getting the hot dishes ready. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family who is close and is always willing to help out.
For brunch I kept it pretty simple, for me. Although there was a variety, I didn't go overboard which I sometimes tend to do. I have to say I would rather have too many things then not enough. My mom and I worked on the cross cake/cupcakes that I had seen on Pinterest. It didn't quite turn out the way that we wanted, but it was still really pretty.


 Another Project that I worked on was a wish tree. I saw this idea also on Pinterest. Each person was to take a card and write a special wish or blessing on it for AnnaLynne and then hang them on the branches. I thought this would be a nice way for people to write their blessings for AnnaLynne. Although not everyone filled out a wish/ blessing it was nice to read the ones that were placed on the tree. AnnaLynne is very lucky to have so many people in her life that love her.


After we ate and mingled around, we posed for some pictures. My friend Meghan was so nice to take pictures throughout the day for us. Meghan and I have been friends since Middle School, and it is nice that our little ones are going to grow up together.


The day was very special and one that I will never forget. We are very blessed to have this little girl in our life and we love her more and more everyday!!!
























1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful day! AnnaLynne was an angel and the party was perfect! I'm glad I could help by taking pictures :)

    ReplyDelete